Nashville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Representing Injured Cyclists Across Tennessee & Beyond
Bicycling can be a great way to commute and stay active, but it is also inherently dangerous. When bicyclists share public roads with motorists who fail to safely operate their vehicles or respect the rights of riders, cyclists face considerable risks of suffering serious injuries.
If you or someone you love has been injured while bicycling, Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge is here to help. Our Nashville bicycle accident attorneys focus solely on representing victims harmed due to the negligent and wrongful acts of others, and can guide you through the legal process of seeking compensation for your injuries.
Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge: Trusted Since 1977
Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge is comprised of national-caliber trial lawyers who have earned a reputation for handling personal injury and wrongful death actions across Tennessee and the mid-south. Clients and colleagues turn to our team following preventable accidents because:
- We draw from over 100 years of combined experience
- We’ve secured record-setting verdicts and national recognition
- We have recovered millions in compensation for our clients
- Our firm has been rated among U.S. News’ Tier 1 Best Law Firms
Our Partners – Randall L. Kinnard, Daniel L. Clayton, and Mark S. Beveridge – have spent decades honing their craft, and are widely respected throughout the local and legal communities. Partners Kinnard and Clayton are also dual-Certified Civil Trial and Medical Malpractice Specialists, distinctions which speak to their expertise in complex cases.
To speak with an award-winning attorney about your bicycle accident, call or contact us today.
Can I File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident?
Your ability to take legal action after being involved in a bicycle accident depends on the specific facts of your case. In order to prevail in civil claims, Plaintiffs must prove:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a legal duty. This may be a driver’s duty to safely operate their vehicle and share the road with bicyclists, or a property owner’s duty to address potential hazards.
- The defendant breached their duty of care. A defendant’s failure to meet their legal obligation often arises from negligence, though it may also stem from a wrongful act.
- The defendant’s negligence caused injury. Proving causation is one of the most important steps in an injury claim, and requires evidence that a defendant’s conduct was more likely than not the cause of a victim’s injuries.
- The plaintiff suffered actual damages. Plaintiffs will need to prove they suffered actual damages, including injuries and their resulting economic and non-economic damages.
Generally, you may have the right to file a personal injury claim after a bicycle accident if another person or entity is to blame. While our team at KCB is available to review your case and explain whether you may have grounds for legal action, there are some examples that can help you understand what types of cases may have merit. For example, injured bicyclists may file claims against:
- A negligent motorist who struck them after to failing to yield at an intersection.
- A truck driver or trucking company that violated regulations involving hours-of-service and driver fatigue.
- A manufacturer, distributor, and / or retailer responsible for a defective product.
- A rideshare service, if the accident was caused by an Uber or Lyft driver using the app at the time.
- A property owner, if there were hazardous conditions on their premises which caused a rider to fall, swerve, or otherwise suffer injury in an accident.
What Compensation Can I Recover?
The monetary compensation you can recover after a bicycle accident is also dependent on the facts of your case. Generally, victims are entitled to a recovery of the economic and non-economic damages resulting from their injuries, which can include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Medications, medical devices, and rehabilitation
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our team works closely with clients to understand their losses, and consults with medical and financial experts to determine whether they may have future needs to be accounted for when seeking a settlement or jury award.
Discuss Your Legal Options During a FREE Consultation
Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge has recovered millions in compensation for our clients, and knows how to help them level the playing field with powerful insurance carriers.
We offer free consultations, so schedule yours today online or by calling (615) 933-2893.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.3 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Love this firm!- Constance
A trusted friend, part of the family.- N.O.
Wonderful experience. Knowledgeable and responsive!- D.B.