MTA Bus Accident Lawyer in Nashville
Experienced Nashville Bus Accident Attorneys
The Metropolitan Transit Authority is responsible for transporting hundreds of commuters every day. It is hard to wander Nashville without seeing the massive vehicle going from one destination to the next. On average, the MTA buses operate almost 11 million hours a year, carrying just under 10 million riders.
These buses make an average of 850,000 passenger trips a year. Given the number of passengers and the popularity of the transit system, it is important that MTA buses follow regulations to ensure safety both for the passengers in the vehicle as well as the other cars on the road.
While not as common as auto accidents with four-wheel cars, MTA bus accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic injury and property damage. The average city bus is between 35-50 ft long and approximately 8 ft wide. It can weigh anywhere from 25,000 to 40,000 pounds. If an MTA bus collides with a car, it can cause great harm. Drivers and manufacturers of these buses are responsible for ensuring rider safety.
If you were involved in an MTA accident, call our Nashville MTA bus accident lawyers today.
Common Causes for MTA Accidents
According to the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, an average of 261 deaths occurred on the road last year. Only two of these accidents involved buses, but it was enough to cause lasting harm. Why do MTA accidents occur? Many factors can be involved.
Common reasons for MTA bus accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue – Much like truck drivers, MTA drivers also have a limited number of hours they should drive. If overworked, the operators’ exhaustion will cause them to lose focus and cause potential harm.
- Aggressive Driving and Speeding – Bus drivers are responsible for the lives of everyone in their vehicle. As such, they must drive with case. If they speed or drive aggressively, the risk their passengers’ lives as well as the lives of other drivers on the road.
- Violating Rules – Like all drivers, bus operators must follow safety rules and regulations of the road. If they fail to stop at a stop sign or refuse to adhere to traffic lights, they endanger everyone on the road.
- Faulty Equipment – Buses require constant upkeep and maintenance checks. Not all companies want to pay for equipment checks. This form of negligence can lead to extensive injuries and damage.
- Lack of Driver Qualifications – Each bus driver must have a special license to operate a large vehicle. MTA drivers must obtain a commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsements. Their qualifications and training need to be checked before their hire. If the bus company fails to do that, their negligence can hurt the riders.
Involved in an MTA Accident? Call Us for Help.
Our attorneys understand the trauma and pain that occurs during a bus accident. If the driver or bus company was negligent, they should be held accountable for any injuries or property damage caused. Our Nashville bus accident attorneys have a comprehensive understanding of the legal system and can help you.
We can help you seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage or loss
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one was involved in a Nashville MTA accident, contact our attorneys today at (615) 933-2893. We’ll fight on your behalf and help you seek the restitution you deserve.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.3 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Love this firm!- Constance
A trusted friend, part of the family.- N.O.
Wonderful experience. Knowledgeable and responsive!- D.B.