Louisville Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical Negligence Attorney with Record-Setting Results
If you suspect injuries suffered by you or a loved one were the result of medical malpractice, it is critical that you contact an experienced attorney right way. Doctors, nurses, and health care providers carry large insurance policies, and work with their carriers to aggressively fight claims filed against them.
At Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge, our award-winning team helps victims and families across Louisville, the state of Kentucky, and the U.S. navigate the medical malpractice lawsuit process. Our commitment to clients and extensive experience in the practice area means clients can feel confident about placing their trust in our firm when they have complex claims.
Why Choose KCB?
- Our firm is led by a Board-Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist (Randall L. Kinnard).
- We’ve secured the largest malpractice verdict in Tennessee history ($22.2M).
- We’ve been voted among U.S. News’ “Best Law Firms” in Medical Malpractice Law.
- Attorney Randall Kinnard is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invite-only legal organization comprised of the 100 top plaintiffs’ attorneys in the United States.
Our attorneys at Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge have earned national recognition for our work in medical negligence cases, and have recovered millions in compensation for our clients. To discuss a potential case during a free consultation, give us a call today at (615) 933-2893.
Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
If you or someone you love has suffered harm due to the negligence of a health care provider, you may be entitled to compensation. Medical professionals are obligated to meet their “duty of care” when treating patients, and they can be held liable for failing to provide care that meets accepted standards.
Generally, a failure to meet the standard of care means medical providers failed to act as a reasonably skilled medical provider would act under the same or similar circumstances.
Examples of substandard care and medical errors that can give rise to malpractice claims include:
- Obstetrical Malpractice / Birth Injuries
- Emergency Room Errors
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Heart Conditions
- Surgical Errors
- Plastic Surgery Injuries
- Medication / Prescription Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Orthopedic Malpractice
The duty of care that applies to your case depends on the circumstances involved, including the type of injury, the doctors or specialists who treated you, and other particular facts.
At KCB, we can evaluate your potential case to determine if you have grounds to file a lawsuit. We also work with relevant medical experts to prove how doctors, nurses, or other negligent medical personnel failed to meet their duty of care.
What Compensation Can I Recover?
Medical malpractice claims allow victims to recover financial compensation for their damages. This may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Emotional suffering, including loss of quality of life or loss of companionship
The value of your case will depend on the facts involved. At KCB, we work diligently to calculate how injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one impact our clients’ physical, financial, and emotional well-being so as to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Examples of our Medical Malpractice Results
- $22.2 million verdict for a woman who was paralyzed when medical personnel inserted an epidural catheter despite her risk factors. This was reported to be the largest malpractice verdict in the history of Tennessee.
- $15.2 million verdict (the largest in Weakley County, TN history) for a 17-year-old client who suffered severe brain damage when rehabilitation personnel removed his trach tube and failed to respond to his complaints about breathing difficulties.
- $6.5 million verdict for a surgical error victim who suffered a brain injury after she developed an infection during a tubal ligation surgery, and was improperly cared for by attending personnel.
- $5 million verdict for the family of a 22-month-old boy who died when a pediatric clinic and hospital failed to properly treat a tick infection.
- $4 million verdict for a college student who became paralyzed when providers waited too long to treat an arterial venous malformation on his spine.
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Kentucky?
In Kentucky, there is a deadline (known as the statute of limitations) for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. According to state law, victims of medical malpractice generally have 1 year from the date they knew or should have known that negligence caused their injuries to bring claims.
There may be exceptions to this law and it will depend on your case facts.
Because there are situations that can affect the statute of limitations in medical malpractice actions, it is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible to determine what deadline may apply to your case.
Put a Proven Louisville Medical Malpractice Attorney in Your Corner
Medical malpractice lawsuits are fact-specific and highly complex cases, and they require extensive resources, expenditures, and medical expert insight to litigate. At Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge, we have excelled in cases involving medical negligence, and are available to help victims and families across Kentucky and beyond learn more about their rights and options for pursuing the compensation they deserve.
Call or contact us online to request a free consultation.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Love this firm!- Constance
A trusted friend, part of the family.- N.O.
Wonderful experience. Knowledgeable and responsive!- D.B.