Truck Accident Attorney in Louisville, KY
Injured in a Tractor-Trailer Crash? Put a Proven Lawyer on Your Side.
Commercial trucks and tractor trailers are the most dangerous vehicles on public roads. Weighing up to 80,000 pounds, these massive machines can cause wrecks that come with profound repercussions.
After a trucking crash, victims face many physical, financial, and emotional strains. With the help of Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge and our Louisville truck accident lawyer, you can pursue a personal injury or wrongful death claim to hold at-fault truckers and trucking companies accountable.
Our attorneys at KCB have earned many awards and accolades, including:
- Recognition Among The Best Lawyers in America®;
- Voted to The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers;
- Inclusion in numerous Super Lawyers listings;
- AV Preeminent® Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®;
- “Lawyer of the Year” Selections in Personal Injury, Product Liability & Medical Malpractice.
Learn more about your rights after a trucking wreck. Call to request a FREE case review with a Louisville attorney.
Do You Have a Trucking Accident Lawsuit?
Personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits are civil claims which seek accountability from defendants who cause preventable losses as a result of their negligent or wrongful acts.
In the trucking industry, where there’s an incentive to ship more and ship faster, there are many forms of negligence and violations which can cause crashes and give rise to civil claims. Examples include:
- Overloaded trucks and unsecured cargo
- Negligent hiring or retention of dangerous truck drivers
- Substance abuse / drugged or drunk driving
- Trucker fatigue / Hours-of-Service violations
- Failure to maintain or repair trucks
- Truck tire blowouts, brake failure, and defective auto parts
Determining whether you have a potential claim for compensation requires meticulous investigation into the accident, the parties involved, and fault and liability. At KCB, we have the resources to perform needed investigations, gather evidence, reconstruct accidents, and work with relevant experts whose insight can be leveraged to prove the negligence of at-fault parties.
How Much Are Truck Accident Lawsuits Worth?
The value of any truck accident case is dependent on the unique facts of a crash, as well as the economic and non-economic damages victims suffered. Some factors that influence case value include:
- The nature and severity of injuries
- Permanent disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- The length of physical recovery / lasting disabilities or impairment
- Medical bills, including emergency treatment, hospitalization, and rehabilitation
- Future medical expenses, including costs associated with permanent injuries
- Lost wages, and lost future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
Calculating the full scope of damages suffered by victims is critical to securing the compensation needed to cover losses already incurred, and losses that can be reasonably expected in the future, such as costs associated with needed medical care or disability accommodations.
Fatal Truck Accidents
Tractor-trailer accidents pose greater risks of catastrophic and fatal injuries than standard motor vehicle crashes. That is especially true when certain factors are involved, including:
- High speeds and highways (i.e. crashes on I-65, I-71, and I-64);
- Jackknifing and rollovers;
- Rear and side underride accidents;
- Multi-vehicle collisions / pile-ups;
- Dangerous cargo (i.e. toxic or combustible substances).
Victims who lose loved ones in trucking collisions may have the right to seek compensation by pursuing wrongful death lawsuits. These complex and emotionally charged claims are contested aggressively by trucking companies and their insurance carriers, as they commonly work to deny or underpay families. At KCB, we have a proven record of success fighting for families in a range of wrongful death actions, and can assist yours in pursuing the justice you deserve.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Truck Accidents?
Trucking accident liability can be a much more challenging issue than in typical car accident cases. That’s not only because truck drivers are often employed by companies, but also because other parties involved in commercial trucking or the accident itself may be solely or partially at fault.
Examples of parties that may be liable for a trucking accident:
- A truck driver who negligently operated their vehicle;
- Drivers of another vehicle involved in the crash;
- Trucking companies that violated federal trucking regulations, failed to properly screen or supervise their employees, or committed other negligent acts;
- Maintenance or repair companies responsible for vehicle upkeep;
- Manufacturers of commercial trucks or faulty / defective auto parts;
- Government entities or public utilities that failed to maintain safe roadways;
Request a FREE Case Evaluation. Call (615) 933-2893
Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge has been fighting for injured victims and families across the region since 1977. Over the years, we’ve secured record-setting results, and have recovered millions in compensation for victims who suffered preventable harms due to the failures and negligence of others.
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a tractor-trailer wreck in Louisville or the surrounding areas of Kentucky, KCB is available to review your case at no charge. Because we work on contingency fees, there are no costs to hiring our firm, and no fee unless we win.
Call or contact us online to speak with a lawyer.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.3 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Love this firm!- Constance
A trusted friend, part of the family.- N.O.
Wonderful experience. Knowledgeable and responsive!- D.B.