Building and Structure Collapse
Were You Seriously Injured In A Collapsing Building?
We expect buildings we enter, whether it’s our workplace, a restaurant, our homes, etc. to be safe. Unfortunately, a number of issues including construction defects and poor maintenance could cause or fail to account for structural damage and risk the integrity of the building or structure. If all, or even just a part of the structure collapses, those inside could be at risk of serious injuries including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and even death.
Building and structure collapses are almost always caused by someone else’s negligence, and if you were seriously injured by their lack of care you deserve the chance to file a lawsuit to secure the compensation you require to cover any damages you may have incurred. At Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge, our premises liability lawyers have more than 100 years of collective experience and are ready to put that knowledge to good use helping you prepare for and execute a plan of action that best suits your needs.
Give us a call at (615) 933-2893 to discuss your situation with one of our attorneys today.
$1.6 Million Recovered for Injured Victim
Our attorneys have seen the damage a collapsing structure can cause first hand. Our attorneys represented a man who suffered permanent back injuries after a deck collapsed out from underneath him. He was visiting a home when the incident occurred, and we were able to prove that it was improperly constructed. Through our efforts, we secured a $1.6 million jury verdict for our client.
How Can a Building Fail or Collapse?
There are several different factors that cause buildings and structures to collapse, including:
- Defective Materials: Damage from prior use or improper manufacturing can result in the failure and eventual collapse of a structure.
- Manufacturing Error: Poor material selection, incorrect sizing, improper heat treating, failure to adhere to the approved design, and poor workmanship could all result in total failure of the structure.
- Fatigue or Corrosion: Instability in the building’s geometry, design, or material properties could lead to the formation and expansion of cracks at stress points over time that could eventually result in the building’s collapse.
- Failure to Consider Unexpected Complications: If those in charge of maintaining the building lack the training necessary to perform their job’s necessary duties, or if the building is sabotaged, vandalized, or damaged by a natural disaster it could become unstable and collapse.
- Inability to Support the Load: The size and shape of the building and materials used in its construction could result in the structure’s collapse if those factors aren’t properly worked out during the planning stages.
Hire an Attorney You Can Rely On
Our premises liability attorneys at Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge have helped injured victims fight for the compensation they require in their time of need for the past four decades, and through our efforts we have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
If you were seriously injured by a collapsing building or structure, give us a call at (615) 933-2893 to discuss your situation with one of our attorneys, or send us your information online.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
In the hardest two years of my life, you provided the utmost trust, comfort, and support.- T.H.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Great staff.- J.
100% Best Lawyers Around- J.S.