Attorney Daniel L. Clayton
Board-Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist
As a Civil Trial Specialist certified by the National Board of Legal Specialty
Certification and a
Board-Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist, Daniel L. Clayton is a highly knowledgeable legal professional. More
than that, he is extremely compassionate and understanding. He knows that
his clients are going through difficult situations, whether due to a serious
accident or incident of medical malpractice.
Daniel L. Clayton, Sr. Partner at the law firm of
Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge, has been selected to the 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers. In addition, he
is also listed in the Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee. Super Lawyers recognize
attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice.
A Strong Track Record of Success
Daniel has had great success in and out of the courtroom on behalf of injury
victims, which has led to him giving numerous presentations across Tennessee,
Florida, and Georgia. He has tried cases in surrounding states such as
Alabama and Kentucky.
Daniel has secured impressive case results over the years. He has resolved
several high-profile cases, earning local and national media attention.
With a fellow member of Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge, Daniel Clayton
obtained a $22 million jury verdict—the largest medical malpractice verdict in the history of the state
for a single person.
car accidents and
medical malpractice claims to
birth injuries and
brain damage, Daniel has the legal expertise to handle a diverse range of cases.
Commitment to the Community
Daniel also believes in giving back to the community, serving as a leader
in this area. Growing up with a family that cared about service and giving
back to others, community involvement comes naturally to Daniel. He has
served on the Franklin Special School District Board of Education and
led many missions teams to Mexico, Jamaica, and around the U.S.
Daniel and his wife are also involved in the Williamson County Foster Parent
Association, serving as foster parents to more than 25 children in the
last 17 years. Other organizations Daniel and his family support include
Graceworks Ministries, Faith Family Medical Clinic, and Mercy Children’s
Awards & Accolades
Best Lawyers in America since 2010
- Selected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers (2006-2018)
Top 50 Lawyers in Nashville by
Super Lawyers® (2012-2018)
Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee by
Super Lawyers® (2007, 2010-2018)
AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 2020 Nashville "Lawyer of the year" for Medical Malpractice law
- 2018 Nashville "Lawyer of the year" for Medical Malpractice law
2016 Nashville “Lawyer of the Year” for
Product Liability Law
- 2015 Nashville "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law
- 2012 Nashville "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law
University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
J.D. - 1987
- Honors: National Semifinalist Member, National Trial Moot Court Team
- Honors: Who's Who in American Law
David Lipscomb University
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association (Past President)
- Nashville Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- American College of Barristers (Senior Counsel)
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility (Hearing Officer)
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Tennessee Bar Association
When not working on a case for one of his clients, Daniel enjoys spending
time outdoors. He can be found running in a marathon, fishing, playing
golf with his son and son-in-law, or competing in a game of tennis. Above
all else, Daniel enjoys spending quality time with his family.
Get in touch with Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge today. Call (615) 933-2893!