Attorney Randall L. Kinnard
Considered One Of The Best Lawyers In Nashville, TN
As a seasoned Nashville personal injury and
medical malpractice attorney, Randall L. Kinnard is a highly respected legal professional.
He has been recognized by countless organizations and publications for
his exceptional skill both in and out of the courtroom. Mr. Kinnard is
a leading lawyer in Tennessee and has been ranked as one of the best in
all of Nashville. He has
recovered millions of dollars for injury victims over the years, always fighting for the maximum value of his clients’ cases.
Valuing His Clients First & Foremost
Mr. Kinnard emphasizes two things in his practice:
competence and respect. He has started many initiatives that shed light on the importance of
respect in life and legal practice. Mr. Kinnard truly respects his clients,
treating them as a counselor and acting as a friend to them through the
entire legal process.
A Strong Track Record Of Success
He stands out from other lawyers by more than just his results and commitment
to respect—Mr. Kinnard is certified as a
Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification and Board-Certified as a
Medical Malpractice Specialist by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
In his 30 years of practice, he has recovered many record-setting verdicts
for injury victims, including a $22 million jury verdict that was the
largest in the state for a single person. This is what sets him apart
as one of the premier plaintiff’s medical malpractice attorneys
in all of Nashville. He was also able to secure a $55 million verdict
for sportscaster Erin Andrews in her lawsuit against a hotel and a stalker.
Award-Winning & Nationally Recognized
Randall L. Kinnard, Sr. Partner at the law firm of Kinnard, Clayton &
Beveridge, has been selected to the 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers, marking his 12th year of selection. In addition, he is also listed in the Top 100 Lawyers
in Tennessee. Super Lawyers recognize attorneys who have distinguished
themselves in their legal practice. He has also received the
“Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the Year” award for 2016 from the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association. This award
is in honor of his superior skills and achievements in civil justice.
The Kentucky Court Trial Review praised Mr. Kinnard's work in the legal
community in a
post on social media:
"Randall Kinnard, a Nashville lawyer, had quite a year. He had three
really significant verdicts. This guy is good.
- January - Plaintiff told she didn't have breast cancer. She did. Led
to 11 week treatment delay. $1.75 million in Murfreesboro
- March - He represented Erin Andrews in her case against Marriott regarding
the peephole incident. $55,000,000. Nashville.
- October - Vanderbilt lost a biopsy sample. Plaintiff doesn't (and can't
know) if she has cancer. $2,000,000 in Nashville. It was all emotional distress.
If I needed a lawyer in a personal injury case in Tennessee, Kinnard (pictured)
would be on my short list. He's like Tyler Thompson. Only from a little
further down south."
Prior to pursuing law school, Mr. Kinnard attended West Point. He served
in Vietnam with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, which equipped him for success in his legal practice.
He was awarded the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, Purple Heart, Bronze
Star for Valor, and Air Medal for his two tours in Vietnam.
Notable Recognitions, Honors & Awards
The Inner Circle of Advocates
- Selected to the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the Year, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association (2016)
The Best Lawyers in America® - Since 1993
- Best Lawyers® 2019 Product Liability "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers® 2011 & 2013 Personal Injury “Lawyer of the
Year” in Nashville
Selected to the Mid-South
Super Lawyers® (2007-Present)
Top 50 Lawyers in Nashville -
Super Lawyers® (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee -
Super Lawyers® (2007-2018)
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Featured as Master of Trial Advocacy by
Lawyers Weekly USA
- Past President of Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Lawyers in Tennessee, Law and Politics Magazine
- AV Preeminent Rated - Martindale-Hubbell®
- Voted "Best of The Bar" by Nashville Business Journal for work
in Health Care Litigation and Dispute (2019)
- Inner Circle of Advocates – The 100 Best Plaintiff Attorneys in the
- Fellow International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Past President of Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Chairman of Lawyers Involved for Tennessee
- State Delegate to American Association for Justice
- Fellow of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Fellow of the Nashville Bar Association
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee for the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Chairman and Current Member of Legal--Medical Relations Committee
of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Ethics Committee Member of the American Association for Justice
- Chair of Patient Safety Committee of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Nashville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
Community Involvement & Volunteer Work
In addition to his dedicated support of his clients, Randall Kinnard is
also driven to give back to his community. Mr. Kinnard serves as a volunteer
for Alive Hospice, residing on the Quality Council for the organization.
In addition, he is a board member of Centerstone, a non-profit organization
that helps more than 40,000 individuals with mental illnesses.
Mr. Kinnard is on the Board of Directors of Friends of Warner Parks and
supports The Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands.
While serving as Chair of Fundraising for Legal Aid, he helped raise $700,000,
setting a record for the organization! Mr. Kinnard has also a board member
of his church, a dedicated Sunday school teacher, and Scout leader. He
is honored to support dozens of local and national charitable organizations.
Currently, Mr. Kinnard is in the process of founding The Children’s
Justice Center, which is a non-profit organization designed to provide
free legal help, advice, and court representation for children who have
been abused and neglected.
Mr. Kinnard enjoys spending his free time in the outdoors. He loves running,
fishing, golf, and hiking. He also enjoys reading a good book, especially
on the topic of history.
Memphis State University School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee - 1976
United States Military Academy, West Point