Fatal Truck Accident Attorneys in Nashville
Getting Answers & Securing Justice for Wrongful Death Victims in Tennessee Trucking Accidents
The death of a loved one is nearly unbearable under any circumstance, but in cases of wrongful death, the pain is compounded by the knowledge that someone is directly responsible. Holding the responsible party accountable could offer emotional and psychological closure. While our firm cannot replace or heal the pain of loss, our firm can provide the resources and closure you need to heal and move forward with your life.
Why you can trust Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge with your case:
- Trusted experience – Our attorneys have spent a combined century trying hundreds of cases.
- Proven success – We have recovered millions for our clients in record-breaking verdicts.
- Dedication to our clients – Each client is more than a case file; they become a part of our lives.
With over a century of combined experience, we have the power to give your loved one a voice in court while potentially providing for your family’s needs. Call (615) 933-2893 today.
Fatal Truck Accident Statistics
In 2014, the last year for which data is available, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that approximately 3,660 people died in large truck crashes. Of these, 68% were occupants of passenger vehicles and 15% were bicyclists, pedestrians, or motorcyclists. It quickly becomes obvious that those most at risk for being fatally injured in collisions with semi-trucks are anyone but the truck driver.
Many of these fatalities come down to the fault of the driver or trucking company. Lack of maintenance, drug use, fatigue, and distracted driving are major issues in the trucking industry. While the NTSB is working to reduce the number of fatalities, these companies must be held accountable for every death they cause.
- By Vehicle Type: Deaths in large truck crashes can be broken down another way – by vehicle type. The IIHS reports that 72% of large truck fatalities are caused by tractor-trailers, while single-unit trucks comprised just 28% of crashes.
- By Road Type: 59% of fatal truck crashes occur on roads categorized as “other major roads,” while 31% occur on interstates and freeways, and 9% occur on minor roads.
- By Time of Day: Most deaths in large truck crashes occur between the hours of noon and 3 pm. This window accounts for 17% of all large truck crash fatalities. The next highest concentration of large truck fatalities occurs between 3 pm and 6 pm.
- By Day of Week: A majority of fatal large truck crashes occur on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. 16% of large truck crash deaths occur on Saturdays and Sundays, compared with 36% of crash deaths not involving large trucks.
Perhaps the most important semi-truck accident statistic is that of all motor vehicle accident fatalities in 2014, 12% occurred in crashes with large trucks and 24% occurred in multiple-vehicle crashes involving large trucks.
Skilled & Compassionate Trial Lawyers
If you’ve lost a loved one in a trucking accident, our firm understands the pain and loss you’re experiencing. We believe that you should not have to endure financial strain or lack of closure on top of your pain. Our extensive experience with truck accidents allows us to potentially provide your family with resources that give you security and peace of mind.
Begin by scheduling a free case evaluation — call us today at (615) 933-2893.
Personal Injury - Erin Andrews Lawsuit Against Hotel $55 Million
Medical Malpractice - 62 Year Old Woman $22.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Largest Verdict in Weakley County History $15.2 Million
Medical Malpractice - Davidson County $6.5 Million
Wrongful Death of 22 Month Old $5 Million
Medical Malpractice - 24 Year Old College Student $4 Million
Wrongful Death - Tractor-Trailer Wreck $3.25 Million
Wrongful Death - 16 Year Old Boy $3 Million
Auto Accident - Rutherford County $3 Million
Wrongful Death & Personal Injury - Auto Accident $2.9 Million
We are very grateful.- E.I.
They showed compassion and grit in a professional manner like no other law firm.- P.L. & L.W.
Love this firm!- Constance
A trusted friend, part of the family.- N.O.
Wonderful experience. Knowledgeable and responsive!- D.B.